How to get to Pitigliano
Coming from South (Rome)
- From Via Aurelia, pass Civitavecchia and exit at Montalto towards Canino. Then, proceed to Valentano and Pitigliano. From Leonardo da Vinci airport, take the highway to Rome and then exit towards A12, pass Civitavecchia en route to Aurelia.
- A1, northbound. Take the exit at Orte and then the highway to Viterbo. You’ll reach your next exit at Cassia. After this exit, continue in the direction of Siena, and after three kilometers turn left towards Valentano. Continue for Pitigliano.
Coming from North (Florence)
- Via Aurelia, southbound. Exit to Albinia and take S.S. 74 to Manciano and Pitigliano.
- A1, southbound. Exit at Orvieto and take S.S. 74 towards San Lorenzo Nuovo and then Pitigliano.
Depending on the season of the year and on your arrival time we recommend you the following parking areas :
- Piazza Dante Alighieri – Parking lot RECOMMENDED – Free parking lot – 200 mt far from the center. GPS. Via Cagnacci Pitigliano – N 42.635110, E 11.670801
- Piazza della Repubblica – Really few parking lots available, indicated by the blue stripe. The cost is 1,50 € each hour. 200mt far from the reception. In order to take out the luggage, you can stop here and then go to the free parking lot, especially in the high season.
- Piazza Garibaldi – Really few parking lots available, indicated by the blue stripe. The cost is 1,50 € each hour. In order to drop off your luggage, you can stop here and then go to the free parking lot, especially in the high season.
For those who will only stay one or two nights, we recommend that you organize your luggage in order to be easily transported from the parking lot to your accommodation. For those who have instead decided to spend more nights and travel with larger bags, we recommend that you temporarily park in Piazza della Repubblica for unloading your luggage and then move your car to the free parking area.